Some of the benefits of drinking water in a copper vessel
1. Helps in weight loss
2. Improves digestion.
3. Slows down ageing.
4. It is food for heart and helps in hypertension and cholesterol.
5. It is beneficial in case of arthritis and inflamed joints.
6. It helps beat anaemia as copper aids the body’s absorption of iron, which plays a key role in fighting anaemia.
7. Helps heal wounds faster.
8. Regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland.
9. Boosts skin health and melanin production.
10. It is considered antimicrobial and helps fight infections.
How to clean copper vessel ?
1. Lemon and salt: To naturally clean copper pots and pans, and less fragile copper pieces, cut a lemon in half, add salt to the cut side and rub gently onto the item. You can also make a paste with lemon juice, and equal parts salt and non-oxidized corn-starch or baking soda.
2. Vinegar and salt: Rub a mixture of 1 tablespoon of table salt and 1 cup of white vinegar onto the copper with a soft cloth and rinse. Or, immerse the tarnished copper into a pot of 3 cups of water and the salt-vinegar mixture, bring to a boil and boil until the grime and tarnish comes off.
"It's good to wash copper vessels twice a week if you use them daily," says Dr Bhavsar.